Monday, October 25, 2010

So Sweet, You Make My Mouth Water... I Want Chocoloate.

This weekend was chocolate HEAVEN... literally. It's midterms week this week so I took the weekend off from long distance travel, but still decided to take a day trip to Perugia for the Eurochocolate Festival. Man oh man was there ever chocolate. The trip to Perugia is pretty short, but boy was it eventful. It started out by me waking up late. I scrambled to get ready in the dark without waking up my roommate, and ran out th door at 7:40 for and 8:02 train. Good thing my pensione is just right up the block from the train station, but it doesn't help when the ticket machines are having mad issues. First the machine wouldn't take my credit card, then it wouldn't take my friends... then we had to switch to a machine that would take cash, had to wait in a line, finally bought our ticket with 0 (yes you read that right ZERO) minutes left on the clock. We sprinted to the train, hopped on, and it left. That was a CLOSE call. The train ended up being relaxing, even if we were accidently camped out in first class and had to move, and I slept for the next 2 hours. When we got off the train, we realized we had to take a bus to the actual center of the city. We were told we could hop on any bus, but that proved to be false and we got on the wrong bus... what a suprise for how our morning was going... When we figured it out, we hopped off the bus, and asked the first person we found for directions (in ITALIAN yeaa) and they told us it was just a 15 minute walk. We went for it and it was beautiful. Perugia has trees and FALL, something I crave in Florence... so the walk was AMAzing. We climbed the hill towards the top of Perugia and got to see the beautiful country side. It was a much needed walk!
The chocolate festival itself crazy... so many people and soooo much chocolate. We bought a 5 euro chocolate card so we could go raid 10 stands for free samples... YUMMMO. The samples were excellent... and it was kind of like a scavenger hunt to find them. We got to walk through the entire festival in search of the weirdest chocolate we could find... I ended the day with 3 chocolate bars, hot chocolate, a chocolate cell phone case, chocolate liquor, and chocolate bubble bath... successful day I guess haha. Those were all free (well 5 euros combined), but the best thing I had all day had to be the hot chocolate I bought for 3 euros at the beginning of the day. The hot chocolate at this festival was legit a melted candy bar... so thick. I had to get some after a long morning on the train and the chilly walk, so I got one with a cinnamon twist... omg it was maybe the best thing I have ever had... well I mean it was really good.. well worth the 3 euros..

We left pretty early after seeing the festival in about 3 hours, and got home at 6 ish. My friends had been lounging all day at the Pensione, so it was fabulous to come back to them wanting dinner... real food besides chocolate... So we went to our favorite bar in the bottom of our Pensione building... after hours of crayon drawings and amazing pizza... I was exhausted hahah... early bird special. The rest of the weekend was nice and lazy... filled with catching up on tv shows (YAY... ps GREYS is on top of its game.. I'm sure rin knows what I'm talking about...) and studying for midterms. This weekend was a success... maybe only because I came back from Perugia as a Seattle Catholic School graduate without killing my roommate... CIAO!

Music Guide: "I Want Candy" by Aaron Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment