Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Like a Postcard from Paris, When I've seen the Real Thing

Oh Paris, you have a little piece of my heart now.  What a freaking fabulous city. It was just what I needed, although it made me a little Seattle sick. I LOVE those big cities. I absolutely have fallen in love with the city lifestyle. I have def. decided that its the lifestyle for me. Being in Italy and Florence has made me realize that I misssss the hustle and bustle of the city. I love the New York/ Paris/ London/ Chicago pace of life. I mean Italy is def. a new experience. The art is amazing and there is so much to explore, but it has taken a bit of adjusting. I missss the big city.

BUTTT onto Paris. Tayler and I had to head over to Pisaaaa to catch our flight which was eassssy, but our plane being delayed wassss annoying. The stupid riots in Paris and some dumb lady who was on the wrong flight, but never the less we made it to fabulous Paris. We went on a pretty terrible weekend for transportation because of the riots and terrorist threats, so we hopped in a cab to the hotel. That night after dinner, Tayler and I decided to walk to the Eiffel Tower which was a lot farther than we thought it would be, but the walk was a perfect way to see the city and all those lights! We walked for miles, in flats haha, and finally got to the BEAUUUUTIFUL eiffel tower. It was seriously more magnificent than I thought it would be. It was like breathtaking and something EVERYONE has to see in person. We waited until the top of the hour to see the tower "sprinkling" (thats what our guide called it... too cute!), which was when it flashed lights for the first 5 minutes of the hour... it was amazing. The walk back was freeeezing, but a stop at a local bar helped a bit. We even found CENTRAL PERK (hehe we were dying).

The next day was Rachel Zoe central. Tayler and I thought it was appropriate to impersonate Rach at all times, especially during the bike tour. That consisted of taking emo bike pics to show that we did not appreciate our coture getting rumpled, calling each other babe, and DYING over everything. We must have been a treat to cycle with. haha BUT the bike tour was seriously the coolest way of seeing the city. We got up close and personal with every thing. Cycling through the Louve, riding around the city, seeing the Notre Dame... Paris is seriously magical. Man were our butts sore after that excursion... Afttter the tour a bunch of us headed up to Montmarte to see the artist district. It was so cute up there and we got a fabulous view of the city. It was massive and sprawling.. ahhh the big city. After the artist area we made our way down the hill to the Moulin Rougue... not as cool in the day but I had to see it. It was fabulous. Two friends and I had to get starbucks across from there.. oh how divine it was to be reunited all weekend... yum. We might have pissed off our waiting group... but it was SOOO worth it. That night we had a tour... First was a cruise on the Seine... which was beautiful even though it rained... soo pretty! We got admission to the top of the eiffel tower... such a view... gahhh I love Paris. We then got in a bus to see the arch di triumph and some other sights... it was basically a laugh sesh in the top of the bus... we were deliriously tired!

The next day was another tour... which was lame but we got to see the Ritz... aka where Kimmie Kardash and Mama Kris were a month before... gah I was in love. That afternoon was Louve day... which was kinda lame because we got to only be there for like 45 minutes.. but I saw the essentials... Mona Lisa, Michaelangelo... ya get it.

That night was so typical French. I hung out with 5 new girl friends and went to a french three course dinner. French Onion Soup, Steak, and dessert for only 15 euro... it was heaven. After a walk and some crepes we were too tired to even make it to the bar. The next day Tayler and I shopped on the Chames de Elyse. We got starbucks and I literally never wanted to leave.

SOO PARIS as you can see won me over. LOVED every minute of it. I will for sure be back... just for starbucks alone. MISSS you all. CIAO.

Music Guide: "Postcard from Paris" by The Band Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment